2021 Rose Parade Canceled
July 15, 2020
If 2020 wasn’t bad enough, earlier today we got the news that the 2021 Rose Parade is the latest casualty of the Coronavirus global pandemic.
Clearly, this was done out of an abundance of caution and safety concerns for all patrons. Now, it is OFFICIALLY done!
This will be the first canceled parade since World War II. In a statement, the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association said that a decision was made about the New Year’s Day parade.
They said “with reluctance and tremendous disappointment and in accordance with Gov. Gavin Newsom’s Phase 4 reopening schedule, planning for the annual Rose Bowl game is ongoing.” They went on to say “obviously this is not what any of us wanted, and we held off announcing until we were absolute sure that safety restrictions would prevent us from continuing with planning”
The parade has been a fixture in Pasadena since 1891. The parade itself had only been canceled previously on three occasions. That was during World War II (1942, 1943 and 1945).
The Rose Bowl game remains in place as of the time of the publication of this story.
More Details Will be Provided as They Become Available
FOR MORE INFORMATION